Is there a tool to get at old/deleted tuples ?

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Is there a tool to get at old/deleted tuples ?
Date: 1999-12-24 09:56:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I know that time travel is not supported any more
but has anyone written a tool that lets you extract
old tuples from a table file ?

We have a customer who demanded the ability to permanently
delete records and who now wants them back.

They have not run vacuum on their tables, so the data
should still be there.

So, has anyone written such tool or should I roll my own ?

Hannu