Always get TranBlock notice using 'c'

From: Robert Rothe <rrothe(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Always get TranBlock notice using 'c'
Date: 1999-12-23 20:51:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

When writing apps using 'c' and the preprocessor, I always get a
"NOTICE: BeginTransactionBlock not in default state" with my first BEGIN
statement.  I've tried placing a COMMIT and END at the beginning of the
app, but then I just get a NOTICE on the commit and another one on the

This does not happen when using interactive pgsql.

Is this addressed in an FAQ or can someone point me to the right place?
Seems the app does not start in the default state.

Thanks in advance,

pgsql-interfaces by date