Re: [BUGS] ECPG memory leak detected

From: Christof Petig <christof(dot)petig(at)wtal(dot)de>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] ECPG memory leak detected
Date: 1999-12-15 07:57:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Attached is a patch that fixes some memory leaks in ecpg. Maybe it will
> help your situation.
>
> [Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> > Hi,
> >
> > I observed a memory leak in one of my applications (grew about 20MB a
> > day) and pinned it down to be
> > ECPG related.
> >
> > The path is:
> > ecpg_alloc
> > quote_postgres
> > ECPGexecute
> > ECPGdo

My problem had been fixed two weeks ago. In private communication with
Michael.
He sent me a (short) patch. I tested it. It still works like a charm. It
has been committed to CVS already.

So you can safely mark this problem as solved.

Christof

PS: I never observed any additional leaks. So it seems I didn't hit this
part of the code.