EnterpriseDB

From: "Bill P(dot)" <maxarbos(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EnterpriseDB
Date: 2010-12-30 15:44:27
Lists: pgsql-novice
Has anyone had any experience dealing with EnterpriseDB?

I have a few calls into them and a few unanswered emails concerning some issues
and questions I have.
We are looking to convert our mysql applications to postgres, but concerned
about the level of support they are going to provide when simple questions such
as the ones i have asked go unanswered.

I dont expect tech support on the free versions we are trying out, but a
question such as: 'do i have to have a paid support contract to post questions
on their forums' should be easy enough to follow through. After a few
weeks...yes, weeks... i have gotten a short answer of 'no you dont need a paid
contract to post in the forums', but no answer to why *I* cannot. I can log in,
sometimes get to the post new topic screen, but when i hit 'submit' it fails.

i have given them step by step of what I am doing, but still no answer as to
what is going on.

These may seem trivial, but when I am pushing to convert to a new db system, I
should be comfortable knowing the level of support I can expect when needed.

Thanks.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Michael GouldDate: 2010-12-30 15:48:29