Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Postgresql <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type
Date: 1999-11-26 07:12:09
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I can integrate the type for you into the include/catalog files if
> everyone agrees they want it as a standard type and not an contrib type.

Hi,

	Attached are the C-routines that implement a BIT and BIT VARYING type.
I know Bruce said he would integrate them, but he is writing a book at
the moment as well, so if somebody can explain to me how to go about
integrating it, or would like to have a go, go ahead.

If any functions are missing, let me know and I will add them. This
should implement concatenation and substr as defined in the SQL
standard, as well as comparison operators. I've also added all the
normal bit operators.

I developed the C routines outside the postgres source tree, only using
postgres.h and copying bits from ctype.h. I hope it will be fairly easy
to integrate.

Any comments welcome.

Adriaan