Indexing array columns.

From: Joshua Marsh <icub3d(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Indexing array columns.
Date: 2005-11-21 16:14:17
Lists: pgsql-admin
I've been searching the manual looking for information about the effects of
indexing an array column but haven't found any information as of yet.

Does anyone have any information on how the indexes work for arrayed
columns?

Does/Can the index track each element in the array, or does it track only
the array as a whole?

How can I increase the speed of a query like: SELECT * FROM table WHERE 123
= ANY(array_of_ints); ?

Thanks,

Josh

pgsql-admin by date