Re: Is there a way to kill a connection from the pg_stat_activitly list?

From: Jessica Richard <rjessil(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tommy Gildseth <tommy(dot)gildseth(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there a way to kill a connection from the pg_stat_activitly list?
Date: 2007-10-15 17:18:24
Lists: pgsql-admin
Thanks a lot!

"select pg_cancel_backend(procpid) " can end the current query for that user, but then this connection becomes IDLE, still connected.

Is there a command for me to totally disconnect a user by procpid? Some times, I need to kick out a particular Postgres user completely.

thanks

--
Tommy Gildseth
DBA, Gruppe for databasedrift