Re: Keepalives win32

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Keepalives win32
Date: 2010-06-28 20:39:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Here's what I'm thinking, for the libpq side. Similar change on the
> server side. Seems ok?

I had in mind just legislating that the defaults are the RFC values,
none of this "try to use the registry values in one case" business.
I don't believe that you can make the server side act that way without
much more ugliness than is warranted.  Also, at least on the libpq side
there is no backwards compatibility argument to be made, because we
never turned on keepalives at all on that side in previous releases.