Re: [GENERAL] Re: What's WAL

From: Jimmie Houchin <jhouchin(at)texoma(dot)net>
To: Christian Rudow <Christian(dot)Rudow(at)thinx(dot)ch>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Re: What's WAL
Date: 1999-10-22 15:32:27
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I don't fear Linux, I embrace it. :)
I am quite proficient with Windows but have never considered myself a
Windows user. I don't own a Windows machine and currently have no
intentions of it. I do however use it a work because my boss wanted a
machine which could play DOOM. :(

I own 4 Macs at home, one of which I have LinuxPPC installed. I will be
purchasing an Athlon PC this winter for my own use. I will install RH
6.x on it. I have never really put too much thought on installing Linux
on my PC at work. There are only 2 employees here and one computer. My
boss is not computer proficient. He plays games, primarily solitaire. I
run the computer and the business uses. Whatever I do Linux wise, I
wanted it to be reasonably transparent to his usage, which is minimal.
I'll install Mandrake Linux and put a games folder in the "Start" menu
and put solitaire inside of it. He might not ever even no I'm no longer
in Windows. :)
However, when I'm not in the office and the computer is shutdown I
wanted him to be able to start up the computer and boot straight into
windows. Typing "win" at a prompt might lose him. :)

I don't envy the Illuminati, only their understanding of what WAL is. :)

I really wasn't apologizing for being a Windows user, only for using
Windows. :)
It is a totally involuntary action.

I am ready for the day when there is enough educational and edutainment
software to be available that I can use Linux for my children computers.
We use computer extensively in their education. But for now it'll be the
MacOS. Someday if I get permission from my wife I'll install Linux and
either Sheepshaver or Mac-on-Linux.

Thanks for the opportunity for fun off topic banter. Now back to the
show. I'll keep an eye on the Illuminati and maybe one of them will slip
and reveal the meaning of the Great WAL of PostgreSQL. :)

Later,

Jimmie Houchin