Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org
Date: 2009-07-08 05:32:19
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-www
2009/7/8 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>:

> By the way, if the migration of the current commitfest was an automatic
> procedure, is there a chance that the old commitfests can be migrated as
> well?

It wasn't really automatic as such.  I used a few scripts that I saved
in case we needed to use them again, but there was also quite a bit of
manual massage of the data required in between those script runs.
There are a few minor incompatibilities, for example the wiki allows
you to put links to the mailing list archives anywhere in a review or
comment with {{messageLink}} but the app has the message-id as a
separate field.  I like the way the data is laid out in the app
better, but it makes it difficult to migrate comments with multiple
{{messageLinks}} in them.

Short answer: I could bring across the old commitfests but it would
take a couple hours at best per commitfest and result in little bits
of data loss here and there.  I think we might be better off just
leaving the closed commitfests up on the wiki, and putting a notice on
the app saying "commitfests prior to July 2009 can be found at
wiki.postgresql.org".

Cheers,
BJ