Re: Commit fest Wiki URLs

From: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest Wiki URLs
Date: 2008-10-08 00:20:04
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Okay, but there's still a problem with this proposal. With the current
> templates it's easy (one more click) to get from InProgress to Open.
> If we change this there won't be any simple way to get to "the fest just
> past".
> Perhaps we could solve this if each fest page had a link back to the
> prior one?

I agree, and I proposed a solution for this [1] a while back. Nobody
seemed to care much so I didn't pursue it. The idea was to have a
navigation bar at the bottom (or top -- I don't have a strong
preference but these things are usually found at the bottom in
Wikipedia articles) of each commitfest page, with links to the
previous and following commitfests.

In hindsight my proposal may well have been overkill. By virtue of
the fact that we are using categories, there is a Zero Additional
Effort way to navigate around the various commitfest pages: just go to
the category page. The closed commitfest pages are partioned off into
a subcategory:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Category:CommitFest
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Category:Closed_Commitfests

I don't know if this is convenient enough for your needs, but it's there now.

Cheers,
BJ

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/37ed240d0807060758u36f25efbwa71d519c770f8b07@mail.gmail.com