Re: [HACKERS] [FINALLY] the TODO list has migrated to Wiki

From: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Albert Cervera i Areny" <albert(at)nan-tic(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] [FINALLY] the TODO list has migrated to Wiki
Date: 2008-08-22 16:26:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> Alvaro Herrera escribió:
>
>> They did not merge with the text, but they were not searchable. May I
>> suggest using the text "[easy]" and "[done]" instead? That way, it is
>> searchable, and they don't merge with the text.
>
> I just made this change. What I now notice is that both markers are
> visually not very different. I don't know if this is something worth
> fussing about. (Maybe the addition of icons as Brendan was suggesting
> would be sufficient visual clue.)

Based on the feedback so far, I have tried for a "best of both worlds"
approach. The markers now include icons, which gives us visual
distinctiveness, and I've abbreviated the labels to "[D]" and "[E]",
which makes it very easy to search.

I agreed with Bruce that it was a shame the markers bumped the actual
item text over to the right. It looked uneven. So I applied a bit of
CSS-fu and got the markers to appear to the left of the items. They
now appear in a similar fashion to the bullets in an unordered list.

Cheers,
BJ