bug? app closes on closing SQL editor

From: Rosser Schwarz <rosser(dot)schwarz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug? app closes on closing SQL editor
Date: 2004-07-02 05:03:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, some weird fluke with my setup
or ... precisely what, but most of the time (not 100% reproducible),
if I close a SQL query editor, it kills the entire application. It
almost invariably happens if I have only a single SQL editor window
open, somewhat less often with more than one. There doesn't seem to be
any correlation between increasing number of windows and decreasing
frequency of crash, but my testing in that vein hasn't been too
thorough.

While not critical, this is something of a nuisance. Since the app
doesn't exit cleanly, it never saves my server connections,
necessitating I re-enter them each session. Apparently, they're saved
on exit?

I'm running under Gentoo, custom kernel 2.6.7 using X.org release 6.7,
wxGTK 2.4.2-r1. P4 2.4GHz, 512MB, blah, blah, blah. pgAdmin v 1.0.2,
29th June 2004.

Running under gdb I get (obviously not a debug build):

0x084a7778 in ?? ()

(Helpful, no?)

Running normally, upon closing the SQL window, the terminal I launched
the pgAdmin3 from shows:

[2]+ Illegal instruction pgadmin3

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Google's not very
forthcoming on the subject. I can retry with a debug build (probably
need to build wx with -DDEBUG, too, yes?) if this is a novel issue.
This doesn't happen under the Win32 port, v 1.0.2, 28th November 2003
(no idea what version wx the Windows folk have; they used the binary
installer).

/rls

--
:wq