libcrypt

From: Antonio Prioglio <antonio(dot)prioglio(at)britishlibrary(dot)net>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libcrypt
Date: 1999-10-01 19:49:50
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hi, this is to signal a problem I have encouterd, i.e. missing crypt
function.

Postgresql 6.5.2
OS Linux, kernel 2.2.12
Distribution Caldera 2.2 (international)
HW noname Cyrix M2 300

The above distribution does not come with the function crypt.
My solution was to fetch the source form a redhat contrib libc5 clone of
the function libcrypt1, and install it.
Then I had to link manually the library to the objects.

Perhaps you could check in the configure script the existence of the
library/function and make the necessary warnings.

Now the system it doing the bigtest regrassion and all seems ok.

--
Saluti,
Antonio Prioglio [antonio(dot)prioglio(at)ntt(dot)it]

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Jackson, DeJuanDate: 1999-10-01 22:27:41