Re: New notices?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New notices?
Date: 1999-09-29 15:07:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > I updated my current tree and now this message comes out on even
> > simple queries. Is it supposed to be there? If so, why??
> Strange. I don't get it:

I'll bet it is coming from my using expandAll() to support the new
join syntax, and as a kludge I am feeding it a dummy parse state as a
placeholder. As I try to implement table and column aliases, I'll be
mucking around in all of these areas. It isn't at all clear to me from
the notes or from the checks that there was some specific case this
was intended to catch...

In the meantime, I've bracketed my local copy of the code:

#ifdef EMIT_ANNOYING_MESSAGES
elog(NOTICE,"Adding missing FROM-clause entry%s for table %s",
pstate->parentParseState != NULL ? " in subquery" : "",
refname);
#endif

;)

- Thomas