Re: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Jon Brule <brulej(at)nortelnetworks(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango
Date: 1999-09-28 14:03:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> Does / Has anyone run a Linux Postgres server in conjunction with Tango that
> runs on a Solaris machine? Under this scenario, I need a Solaris ODBC driver
> that can redirect queries to the remote Linux machine. I have yet to come
> across such a driver, although my research is just in its beginning phase.

Don't know what Tango is, but the ODBC driver which ships with
Postgres is reputed to compile and run on Solaris. You need to use it
in conjunction with a main driver such as iODBC, at least on Linux.

I do have access to Solaris machines, but afaik I don't have any apps
which would let me test the driver from there.

                   - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California