Re: [HACKERS] RI status report #1

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] RI status report #1
Date: 1999-09-28 13:43:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Also, I believe Thomas is in the middle of wide-ranging revisions in
> > the parser, so you'd better coordinate with him on touching that area.
> Ah - that's more critical. I just began to add the SET
> CONSTRAINTS command and am through with thinking about the
> CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER too. We all know that our parser is
> a very delicate peace of software. Thomas, could you please
> comment on this?

At the moment I am working on join *syntax*, so my changes are
isolated to gram.y, analyze.c, parse_clause.c, and parse_target.c.
Don't wait for me; I'll bet that we don't collide much, and if we do I
don't mind doing the merge.

Sometime later, once I understand the syntax and have it coded for
inner joins, I'll want to start modifying the parser and planner to
handle outer joins. At that point, I'll be asking for help and advice,
and look forward to your input. But I'm not there yet.

I'm hoping to have some updates committed in a week or so, but things
have been going very slowly with little time to work on this :(

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California