Error with refering to the header files

From: "Ibrahim, Karim Aly Mohi Eldin" <kaibrahim(at)WPI(dot)EDU>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error with refering to the header files
Date: 2012-05-15 04:56:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi ,

I’m new to postgres and I have some C files that execute sql commands in the early parser stage..
It has to include #include "libpq-fe.h" which is in the "interface" folder not the "include" folder so I edited the make file like following:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Makefile for parser
#
# src/backend/parser/Makefile
#
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHLIB_LINK = $(libpq)
SHLIB_PREREQS = submake-libpq
FLEXFLAGS = -CF

all: all-shared-lib
subdir = src/backend/parser
top_builddir = ../../..
include $(top_builddir)/src/Makefile.global

include $(top_srcdir)/src/Makefile.shlib

override CPPFLAGS := -I. -I$(srcdir) -I$(libpq_srcdir) $(CPPFLAGS)

OBJS= analyze.o gram.o keywords.o kwlookup.o parser.o \
parse_agg.o parse_clause.o parse_coerce.o parse_collate.o parse_cte.o \
parse_expr.o parse_func.o parse_node.o parse_oper.o parse_param.o \
parse_relation.o parse_target.o parse_type.o parse_utilcmd.o scansup.o \
asqlTranslate.o annotation_catalog.o asql_add.o asql_archive.o asql_create.o \
asql_exec.o asql_select.o asql_utilts.o asql_updateAuthorization.o

install: all installdirs install-lib

installdirs: installdirs-lib

uninstall: uninstall-lib

clean distclean maintainer-clean: clean-lib

include $(top_srcdir)/src/backend/common.mk

# scan is compiled as part of gram
gram.o: scan.c

# Latest flex causes warnings in this file.
ifeq ($(GCC),yes)
gram.o: CFLAGS += -Wno-error -fPIC
endif

# There is no correct way to write a rule that generates two files.
# Rules with two targets don't have that meaning, they are merely
# shorthand for two otherwise separate rules. To be safe for parallel
# make, we must chain the dependencies like this. The semicolon is
# important, otherwise make will choose the built-in rule for
# gram.y=>gram.c.

gram.h: gram.c ;

gram.c: gram.y
ifdef BISON
$(BISON) -d $(BISONFLAGS) -o $@ $<
else
@$(missing) bison $< $@
endif

scan.c: scan.l
ifdef FLEX
$(FLEX) $(FLEXFLAGS) -o'$@' $<
else
@$(missing) flex $< $@
endif

# Force these dependencies to be known even without dependency info built:
gram.o keywords.o parser.o: gram.h

# gram.c, gram.h, and scan.c are in the distribution tarball, so they
# are not cleaned here.

But I get the following error:

--enable-new-dtags -L../../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq
/usr/bin/ld: analyze.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
analyze.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [.so] Error 1

Can anyone help please??

Thank you,