Re: [INTERFACES] Check boxes with Access

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
To: "Sean W(dot) Ellis" <sean(dot)ellis(at)oscenter(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Check boxes with Access
Date: 1999-09-15 03:36:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Sean W. Ellis" wrote:

> I have been extremely pleased with Postgres.  And, using Access now as a
> front-end is great using the ODBC driver.  However, I cannot figure out
> how to use checkboxes.
>
> Any insight or VB code as a work-around ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Sean Ellis, sean(dot)ellis(at)oscenter(dot)com
> Office Systems Center, 110 N. Main, Victoria, TX 77901 (361) 575-6886

Checkboxes should be used with boolean columns types.   There is a odbc
driver option called "bools as char" that should NOT be checked if you
are using a boolean data type for that column.   Alternatively, you
could use a character type for a column, and turn on the bools as char
feature, and it should work also.

If you still have problems, look at the driver's logfile and see what
sql statement was sent to try and alter a checkbox field.  That should
show exactly what the problem is.

Byron