Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog
Date: 1999-09-01 01:51:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > I meant drop all the operators and functions that use circle data.
> So I think you are saying that although none of my tables have the circle type,
> there are inherent Postgres functions and
> operators which use circle. By running the regression test, I could find out
> which functions and operators these are and just drop them. Is the vacuum
> crapping out then because it is trying to vacuum one of these functions and
> finding that OID 718 doesn't exist?

Aren't the built-in types cached at compile time? Even if not, I'd
*really* suggest using a different name for your table. Even "Circle"
(including the double-quotes and mixed case) would work, and would
keep you from having to drop built-in types.

                       - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California