Re: [INTERFACES] Web server PostgreSQL interfaces

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Dirk Lutzebaeck <lutzeb(at)aeccom(dot)com>
Cc: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)ghs(dot)fr>, "'Hannu Krosing'" <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Web server PostgreSQL interfaces
Date: 1999-08-25 15:29:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Dirk Lutzebaeck wrote:

> If you are into Perl you might try mod_perl/Apache. There are
[snip]
> (likewise mod_php/Apache). I would say mod_perl/Apache is the swiss
> army knife of application servers.

I love choices!

If you're into Tcl, try AOLserver. It is a fully integrated web
development environment, with a kicking multithreaded server, tcl 8.2
(in 3.0b3), tightly integrated database connectivity, dynamic content
(embedded Tcl in HTML -- AOLserver Dynamic Pages (ADP)), and, best of
all, a great postgresql driver. Tcl, IMHO, is one of the best languages
for web scripting -- perl is a good glue language, but, for some things,
the AOLserver dialect of Tcl is far more useful. Plus, there is a
prefab community system available for AOLserver from ArsDigita, called
the ArsDigita Community System -- while written for Oracle *i, a porting
effort is underway to get it up on Postgresql.

www.aolserver.com.

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio