Re: [INTERFACES] Trying to find a PostgreSQL interface

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
To: mlinvill(at)winstar(dot)com
Cc: Daniel Stolk <stolkd(at)email(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Trying to find a PostgreSQL interface
Date: 1999-08-25 07:17:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

You may also try Zope (http://www.zope.org)

> IMHO, PHP is plenty powerful enough.  Development time is
> fabulously quick.  The only possible issue might be execution speed.
> Not that PHP is slow, but it can't beat a C CGI.

AFAIK you can save the CGI startup costs as PHP is loaded as a module in
Apache. If it has persistent database connections (like Zope) then you
also
save the DB connection setup and so it can easyly beat C CGI on anything
but most compute-intensive tasks.

-----
Hannu