A few more JDBC meta-data questions...

From: Mark Dzmura <mdz(at)phalanx(dot)phalanx(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: A few more JDBC meta-data questions...
Date: 1999-08-16 23:58:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Peter,

Thanks for your incisive replies to my earlier query.. I still have two questions.
(I wouldn't ask them if I was able to find the answers elsewhere, but I haven't
found them in the JDBC 1.2 or 2.0 specs, or the 2 books in my possession which
give some coverage to JDBC...)

>From JDBC,

1. Is it possible to programatically enumerate or discover the databases in a running database??

2. Is it possible to programmaticaly enumerate or discover the tables in a database??

For the latter, I believe that I could use regular queries against postgresq's system catalogs,
but I am primarily interested in portable approaches - generic SQL and JDBC which stand
a good chance of (eventually) working with other databases.

Thanks,
Mark Dzmura

--
)))) This email routed via a wireless gateway!! ((((

pgsql-interfaces by date