Re: [PORTS] Postgres 6.5.1 on IRIX 6.5.4 with -o32 bit libraries

From: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
To: Mark Dalphin <mdalphin(at)amgen(dot)com>, "pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Postgres 6.5.1 on IRIX 6.5.4 with -o32 bit libraries
Date: 1999-07-30 17:24:46
Lists: pgsql-ports

Mark,

Okay, I think we're getting closer here. My co-worker, Dan, has figured out that if you move the lipq.so.'s out of the /usr/local/pgsql/lib directory and into a sub-directory (call it libso, for example), the C programs will execute
fine. It looks like the C compiler is first looking to link the lipq.so.2 first when it really wants to get the libpq.a file (or at least that's what we are guessing). So if the lipq.so.2 is moved from that directory, it by default
finds the .a file and works fine. The only problem now is that 'psql' wants to use the lipq.so.2 library and so it won't work. One step forward, two steps back ...

Does anyone know how to compile the 'psql' binary so that it wants to use lipq.a and not lipq.so.2?

-Tony