Re: [INTERFACES] parser: parse error at or near... with create table

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Mengelbier, Magnus" <Magnus(dot)Mengelbier(at)clinicaldatacare(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] parser: parse error at or near... with create table
Date: 1999-07-30 15:29:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> We wonder if any one has experience from an error (which is probably a
> newbie misstake on our part) that pops up when we are trying to create a
> simple table with pgAccess in a postgreSQL database.  We have recieved the
> same type of error on more complex table builds.  The message is ...
>         Error executing query
>         create table "asdfs" ("fds" serial   NOT NULL )
>         PostgreSQL error message:
>                 Error: parser: parse error at or near "not"
>         PostgreSQL status: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR

By definition, the SERIAL type is NOT NULL, so I didn't bother
allowing that clause in the parser. If you would like to see this
feature documented, send patches on docs/src/sgml/datatype.sgml. Or
maybe we should allow it, but it *is* redundant ;)

                   - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California