Re: Subject: Form making with psql and php.cgi

From: "Zot O'Connor" <zot(at)ZotConsulting(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Subject: Form making with psql and php.cgi
Date: 1999-07-29 04:31:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:35:58 +1000
> From: "Inform(ñËÕÔÓËÜÎÅÒÇÏ)" <inform(at)yakute(dot)elektra(dot)ru>
> Subject: Form making with psql and php.cgi
>
> Hi everybody!
> I use PostgresSQL on Unix with php.cgi.
> So i wanna update some fields in my db.
> These fields contain some words. When i read from db and try to put in
> my WWW-form it places only first word of the field.
> What should i do?

It sounds like you are taking a sentence and are only parse the first
word.

You form.html should have something like:

<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="sentence" SIZE=60>

Then in the php script you should have

cmd="update tablename VALUES set sentence='$sentence'";
pg_exec($conn, $cmd);

or some such.

--
Zot O'Connor