Can't get any ODBC under linux-i386

From: "Justin M(dot) Mahoney" <gumbytwo(at)mindless(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't get any ODBC under linux-i386
Date: 1999-07-27 22:00:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi. I've compiled PostgreSQL 6.5.1 onto my Redhat 6.0 box with iodbc
2.50-3.
I have my ODBCINI set to /etc/odbc.ini
I have a ~/.odbc.ini file which is a copy of odbc.ini.
I can't get it to work locally or remote.

Here's my odbc.ini:

===================================

[ODBC Data Sources]
OnlyInLATest = OnlyInLA.com test database

[OnlyInLATest]
Database = onlyinla
Username = pguser
Password = xxxx

[Default]
Servername = lethe
Port = 5432
Driver = /usr/postgres/lib/libpsqlodbc.so

===================================

And here's the output of odbctest in the samples/ directory of the
libiodbc dist.:

===================================

OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): OnlyInLATest
[iODBC][Driver Manager]Dialog failed, SQLSTATE=IM008
Have a nice day.

===================================

The postgres odbc driver directory is included in my /etc/ld.so.conf
file and linked in with ldconfig, as is the /usr/local/lib directory
containing my iodbc driver.

I always get the same error message. Am I missing some config. item?
If anybody has a working ODBC setup with postgres, could they just
please post what they are using (distribution names and versions)?

I emailed a Mr. Daren Sefcik who was having the same problem on Solaris
2.6, but his fixes (linking in extra libs in Makefile.shlib) didn't work
for me.

Thanks so much.
Justin

gumbytwo(at)mindless(dot)com

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: wwwmailDate: 1999-07-28 02:12:23