Re: [INTERFACES] S1C00: Only SQL_POSITION/REFRESH is supported for SQLSetPos

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
To: secret <secret(at)kearneydev(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] S1C00: Only SQL_POSITION/REFRESH is supported for SQLSetPos
Date: 1999-07-24 02:58:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

secret wrote:

>     I've just started getting this ODBC error under Windows 95/NT when
> trying to modify a record... This is in Visual Basic 5.0.  I haven't had
> problems before, and didn't change anything to get this.(I noticed it
> when I upgraded 6.5.1, but then downgraded to 6.4.2 thinking that might
> be the reason)
>
> --David

Your application (VB) is trying to use the odbc function SQLSetPos() to
either Update, Delete, or Add a row to a rowset.  Unfortunately, the
driver does not support this advanced feature.

There should be a connect option in vb that deals with how to use the
cursor library.  The cursor library should be capable of translating a
positioned update into a standard one for drivers that don't support
that.

Also, you probably want to turn off the declare/fetch option.

Byron