Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha

From: Uncle George <gatgul(at)voicenet(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Date: 1999-07-23 17:35:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

Thanks,
But as I said before, with the same src, & tests, same collating
seq, same lang, same 'c' compiler , and same ..........., u'd expect to
get the same results. If u don't, as i have found out, there is an
inconsistency in the PORT, libraries, etc ( whatever ) .
I can go to upgrade to RH6.0/i386( mine is RH5.2 ) and see if is
the same as the RH6.0/alpha, but I really suspect it will (still ) be
different ( as the RH5.2/i386 matches expected/rules.out ).

Therefor to resolve this inconsistency, I would like to know where
the output get ( or gets not ) sorted properly. Any suggestions ?

Linux, et al, is suppose to be consistent on all platforms, and a
lot of people try very hard to get each linux port in-line with all
other ports. I dont percieve postgresql as being any different on any
other linux/( intel/alpha/ppc/sparc/mips ) machine. So I have said, so
shall it be done. ( :-) )
gat