Problem with large objects

From: root <alonso(at)ciberia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with large objects
Date: 1999-07-22 10:17:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi.
I have this problem:

I'm working with Postgres database server on Linux Red Hat 6.
I've been working with tables (create, delete, insert, ...) doing easy
things, but now I am interested in Large binary objects.
As client box, I have a Pentium with Windows 98 and DELPHI 4. I'm
working with Postgres ODBC drivers to access to the server. Now I would
like to insert binary objects in a table (Jpg, video,...). I've just
created a field of oid type in a table but when I work with this field,
I only can insert or extract files (a Photo for example) that are stored
at my server, not at my client box.
I would like to insert in my table a large objet from DELPHI, that is,
if I have a Image or DBImage object in DELPHI (a photograph for
example), how can I pass it using ODBC to Postgres?.
How can I insert in a Postgres table an objet from DELPHI, Visual Basic,
Visual C, etc using ODBC?

I've tried to export a Microsoft Access table with OLE fields to
Postgres, but I can't do this. There is a example database in Access
called 'Plants' that contains an OLE field. How can I export this table
to Postgres?

I hope you can help me.
Thank you very much.