how to determine table?

From: Don Yury <yura(at)vpcit(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: how to determine table?
Date: 1999-07-22 04:21:42
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi All.

Suppose I do select from class with all subclasses, for example

SELECT id, name FROM TAB*

and I get something like

id | name
---------
1 | n1
2 | n2
3 | n3

Then I want to know about certain record name of table where this record
is stored, for example I want to know in which table record (2, n2). How
I can do this?
I guess I can add field 'tablename' to every subclass of tab class and
fill it with certain table name in trigger, but perhaps exists more easy
way?

Sincerely yours, Yury.
don.web-page.net, ICQ 11831432