Postgres 6.5 and PQsetdb( ,,"-F",, )

From: Jean-Denis Girard <jd-girard(at)esoft(dot)pf>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres 6.5 and PQsetdb( ,,"-F",, )
Date: 1999-07-17 07:31:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

I just upgraded from Postgres 6.3.2 (shipped with RedHat) to latest 6.5
on a Linux system.

Everything went smoothly, but now it seems that "-F" option in PQsetdb
no longer works.

I tried to launch postmaster  with -F  option and it works find, but I
really want to enable /disable fsync
from libp, so I can run lengthly updates of my database reasonnably fast
at the risk of problems if the system crash, and keep safe fsync for
short opearations.

I found nothing about that on the mailing list. What did I miss ?

Thanks in advance...

Jean-Denis Girard,
Essential Software.

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Jean-Denis GirardDate: 1999-07-17 08:07:04
Previous:From: Dave OgrenDate: 1999-07-17 01:30:40
Subject: bug