Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC driver/applet question

From: Twinsun <id212(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC driver/applet question
Date: 1999-07-16 12:07:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

Thank you for your reply-- it helped! :-)

I added in applet ARCHIVE and CLASSPATH parameters as follows:
<APPLET CODE='Statistics.class' ARCHIVE='postgresql.jar' ...>
<PARAM NAME='classpath' value='.'>

There are two problems now.

Firstly, it works in Netscape but still doesn't in IE 4.x -- it downloads
posgresql.jar on the local machine and then throws: "No siutable driver"
exception(which differs from the exception which was thrown before).

Secondly, it's a very inappropriate solution -- to force a user to wait
while 130K of postgresql.jar is downloading to a local machine to display a
few charts...

Is there any way I can use the driver without having it on the machine where
the applet is running?

> Applets are weird beasts - which is why I don't write them any more ;-)

So no JDBC-based connections could be provided on the Web or there is some
other methods I'm missing? I can do my charts with fetching all values using
and then pass it as parameters to an applet, but then it wouldn't be
JDBC-based soltion...

Thank you,

Igor