Re: about stc problem of wxWidgets

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>,<pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: about stc problem of wxWidgets
Date: 2009-07-31 15:19:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Oops, sorry. forgotten to describe the essence of the problem.

==
I had the Japanese problem by stc of wxWidgets. Although it is not a big problem,
it is disgusting.:-( , Then, It was problem in almost all the environment of Linux
and windows....

Situation)
The problem is in scintilla contained in stc of wx.  In Japan, a kanji code is inputted
by input method. It does not express in the present cursor position then.
See,
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pgAdmin/wx_stc_plan/wx_stc_broblem.png
I thought this way and that in order to solve this problem. However, there was much
no margin time...

And I visited the origin of scintilla. unlike wx, it had evolved. !!
http://www.scintilla.org/
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pgAdmin/wx_stc_plan/scintilla_good.png

Therefore, I think that stc of wxWidgets needs to be transposed to this scintilla.
But, this needs remarkable labor...

==