Re: [INTERFACES] Problem with regression test

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Jim(dot)Lemon(at)uts(dot)EDU(dot)AU
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Problem with regression test
Date: 1999-06-30 13:56:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> at this point, the program apparently hung (using over 90% CPU) for
> several minutes, until I killed the 'regression' process as root. The
> xterm then displayed:
> failed
> ACTUAL RESULTS OF REGRESSION TEST ARE NOW IN FILE regress.out
> I can still run commands like 'createdb', etc.
> Hopefully, this is a simple-minded error on my part. Thanks for any
> help you can offer.

I'm guessing that you ran out of some sort of resource on your machine
(e.g. swap space?). With a 486DX66 and 32Mb RAM you might be pushing
your luck on the regression tests, though others may have had success
so don't take my word for it.

The regression test reference machine is a PPro RH5.2 system, so if
your installation went OK (it looks like it did) don't worry about the
regression test results. btw, those "ERROR" messages you see are,
afaict, all normal; parts of the regression test explicitly test edge
cases to make sure we handle errors correctly.

Good luck.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California