Re: [HACKERS] Perl library (was Building Postgres)

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Perl library (was Building Postgres)
Date: 1999-06-29 04:57:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> It may be swimming upstream in the RPM culture, but it should work
> and work reliably.  *Not* doing the expected configuration on the
> target machine will be swimming upstream in the Perl culture, and
> I'll wager that the undertow is a lot more dangerous in that case.

Yup. I'll probably end up trying to package all of the source code
into the binary rpms, with an install script. But I think my first cut
will try to force the generated files into the correct place. I've got
lots of other interfaces to handle, and want to get the rpms out as a
beta trial asap.

We'll see how long it takes someone to break the rpm :/

                    - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California