Re: Vacuum again and again

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: denis(at)coralindia(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vacuum again and again
Date: 2002-09-26 14:16:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

denis(at)coralindia(dot)com writes:
> Upload option works fine after VACUUM but after 3-4 days, it starts giving
> ERRORs... Again, we have to run VACUUM to solve the prob..

We need more detail ... like, what ERRORs exactly? What do you mean by
"incremental upload" --- is that INSERTs, COPYs, or what?

A daily VACUUM *is* standard procedure, cf
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/maintenance.html

But omitting it shouldn't cause any problems beyond slowdown and disk
space bloat (at least in the short run). So I'm curious as to what
you're doing.