problems working with refint functions

From: Donald Jackson <jackson(at)cvrc-taco(dot)mgh(dot)harvard(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems working with refint functions
Date: 1999-06-21 16:31:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-sql

Hi,

I have been trying to set up foreign and primary key constraints for my
database using the refint package in postgres 6.5. I compiled the
funcions in the contrib/spi directory (just did a 'make all'), then ran
the refint.source commands to declare the primary functions. This all
went ok, no error messages were generated.

I have declared the various triggers as needed, using the
check_foreign_key and check_primary_key functions from refint. When I
try to perform a function using these triggers, I get the following
error message:

(prelude: allele_id is the primary key and is referenced as a foreign
key by other tables/triggers)

fish_db=> delete from alleles where allele_id = '2';
ERROR: fmgr_info: function 190689: cache lookup failed

I also run into problems when I dump the database:
[jackson(at)cvrc-manta dumps]$ pg_dump fish_db
getTables(): relation 'alleles': cannot find function with oid 190689
for trigger alleles_t

Finally, I don't see the functions check_primary_key and
check_foreign_key when I do a function list with \df.

So I think I didn't install them properly, but have no clue as to what
else should be done. Do I need to modify the declarations in
refint.source? Help!

Don Jackson