Re: [DOCS] user's guide

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: José Soares <jose(at)sferacarta(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] user's guide
Date: 1999-06-18 14:38:43
Lists: pgsql-docs

> I'm reading user's guide pages and I see that some command
> descriptions are not updated, compared with man pages there
> are some differences.

Hmm. At least LOCK was updated by Vadim for his recent features; from
CVS logs it isn't clear that other changes had been made unless I
managed to revert something accidentally. What is the nature of the
problem for, e.g., the LOCK information? Would you (or someone else)
have time to refresh the sgml versions? In any case, thanks for the
info.

> What about to have only one version for both of them?

That has been a goal, and I was hoping that it would be done by now.
I'm planning on looking at it some more myself for the next release,
unless someone else comes through before then (hint, hint).

fwiw, other docs projects using the same tools as us need to solve
this problem too, so something should come soon.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California