Re: [INTERFACES] hacked unixodbc driver..

From: Peter Harvey <pharvey(at)codebydesign(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] hacked unixodbc driver..
Date: 1999-06-14 06:29:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> windows / linux / and solaris.. Steve Harvey is working on his excellent
> unixODBC package
> and I believe it's great, in the meantime it doesn't work too well with
> solaris and when the time comes that it works - it would be nice that it
> get's incorporated into the postgresql source tree..

George,

Hang tight on Solaris... the plan was to wait until unixODBC 1.0 (on Linux)
before making the minor changes required to get it to work on Solaris etc. I
have a Solaris/Sparc and a Solaris/Intel install here for this reason. Its
probably going to happen sooner now that unixODBC is making its way into KDE
2.0.

Thanks for your insight!

Peter Harvey

BTW: Nick has uploaded some fixs for you at... (
ftp://ftp.easysoft.com/pub/beta/unixODBC/unixODBC-DM-1.0.8.tgz ). Please let me
know if this does not fix your php problems on Linux. Also note; we are having
problems with the unixODBC cvs AND we are trying to get this stuff into KDE...
so we may be a bit delayed in getting quick fixs out over the next week or two.