Re: password authentication failed for user postgres

From: Major Services <services(dot)major(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Iñigo Martinez Lasala <imartinez(at)vectorsf(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: password authentication failed for user postgres
Date: 2010-03-03 17:11:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks.
I already have created a user.
And can connect to the server through the PgAdmin on my local system.

My query now is :
Now when I try to connect to the server through DBWebAdmin (in
Parallels Plesk Panel); I get the following :
Error: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

(earlier, with this link I could reach the login screen for PgAdmin )

Do I need to remove the following from pg_hba.conf now?
local all postgres ident sameuser

Thanks for all your help & support.