Re: [DOCS] web docs

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] web docs
Date: 1999-06-10 01:44:17
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Of the files in http://www.postgresql.org/docs which ones are auto
> generated? Or it may be easier to say which ones are NOT auto
> generated?

I was just talking with Bruce about this. I'm running a daily cron job
on hub.org which puts new html docs onto the web site. istm that the
web master or at least one other person from myself should know what
is being done and may want to take it over.

Anyway, the html docs in
docs/{postgres,tutorial,user,admin,programmer}

are currently being autogenerated. We may want to put the release
versions in there, and move the autogenerated stuff to a "developers"
page to avoid confusion on documented features between releases.

I'm not aware of anything else being done from a cron job, but Bruce
sez he has some automated scheme for posting the ToDo and FAQs.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California