Re: [DOCS] html2sgml converter ...

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] html2sgml converter ...
Date: 1999-06-09 13:33:52
Lists: pgsql-docs

> found one at:
> http://www.abc.se/~m9339/prog/html2sgml.html
> but its for linuxdoc vs docbook ... anyone know enough about sgml to
> make it work?
> just looking for shortcuts :)

LinuxDoc and DocBook are not really close in features, although some
things like paragraph markings can map cleanly (LinuxDoc uses "<p>"
and DocBook uses "<para>", for example).

This particular package seems to be stale.

What transformation are you trying to do? The sgmltools package is a
likely candidate for something with conversion utilities, but I
haven't tried installing it since before it converted from LinuxDoc to
DocBook.

Also, I've got a perl utility which does brute-force tag substitution,
which I used to help convert Jose Soares' reference pages from plain
text to sgml. The utility is quite simpleminded, could be useful for
some projects.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California