Backend sent 0x45 type while idle

From: Trever Adams <trever_Adams(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backend sent 0x45 type while idle
Date: 1999-05-31 07:59:20
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces
The message is a bit off. I had a database working fine on one system
under 6.3.x. The software I had written to use it worked WONDERFULLY as
well.  I then brought up a new machine using RedHat 6.0.  I installed
the 6.4.2 that came with it.  I recompiled my app on that machine.  I
did a pgdump of the database (cannot remember command line options...
data and schema I remember that much).  I then loaded it into a newly
created database on the new machine.

I get the error above (or something VERY similar...).  I have posted a
bug report, but I want to know what the heck the message really means.
What is type 0x45?  Does this mean my app has a problem or?  I have
searched deja.com, I have used postgresql.org's search engines.  No
help.

The database is kind of on the private side, but if it must be shared,
it can be.  A slightly older version of the code (should be current in a
few days) is the webgen tool at http://nueorder.netpedia.net.

I really need to get this cleared up.  Any help, any pointers, any info
on what this all means would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you,

Trever Adams
trever_Adams(at)bigfoot(dot)com

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Trever AdamsDate: 1999-05-31 08:06:23
Next:From: Trever AdamsDate: 1999-05-31 08:06:23
Previous:From: Colin McCormackDate: 1999-05-31 02:09:35
Subject: Announcement - SWIG based tcl interface (with asynch query)