COPY error

From: root <craigw(at)zip(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: COPY error
Date: 1999-05-29 07:11:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I've just installed 6.4.2 on Solaris and tried to use the COPY facility
via the C interface. However my program fails when performing a flush
(within one
of the 'put' API calls).

I've traced the system calls being made by the application (...happens
to be
a java 1.2 app) and noticed the last few system calls reported include
a series
of failed sends to the backed - error EAGAIN ( 'congested' ?). I've
tried
it with and without the -i flag on the postmaster - same error.
Interesting
thing is when I truss (solaris trace command) the app, it runs okay.
Until
I open a pqsql session on the db and issue a count(*). Then even the
trussed
app barfs.

I'm a pgsql newbie, so any comments on how to keep my application
up & running while its driving the backend (hard) would be much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Craig