Wierd error when creating a table...

From: Alex Turner <aturner(at)maaco(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Wierd error when creating a table...
Date: 1999-05-27 17:49:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
When I try to create a table where the primary key is set to be a column
that is of type int8 or int28 it complains giving me the following
error:

ERROR:  Can't find a default operator class for type 22.

If I try to define the table again, it tells me that the relation
already exists, yet it doesnt who up on the table list when I hit \d in
psql.

I also get the error if I try to define an index based on a field with
one of those types.

Is this a known bug, or am I trying to do something odd?

TIA

Alex T

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: JT KirkpatrickDate: 1999-05-27 18:29:36