pgpass.conf

From: "Graeme Gould" <graeme(dot)gould(at)aragon-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgpass.conf
Date: 2008-05-23 11:32:37
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi

I have noticed something relating to this file that I am slightly worried about.  If you open the pgpass.conf file with Notepad it displays the full contents in open text - including the administrator name and password.

Is this something that other people have come across and has protecting/ciphering this information ever been considered?

Cheers

Graeme

pgsql-admin by date