Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC from remote

From: Alex Turner <aturner(at)maaco(dot)com>
To: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Cc: benoit(at)ooc(dot)com, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC from remote
Date: 1999-05-21 12:36:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Peter Mount wrote:

> Even though you are using trust, are you supplying a password to the
> driver?
>
> Passing null or "" as a password doesn't work. As long as the password
> exists (doesn't have to be correct for trust authentication) it should
> work.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter T Mount, Enterprise Support
> petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk
> Anything I write here are my own views, and cannot be taken as the
> official words of Maidstone Borough Council

Well:
        public boolean makeConnection(String url,String usr,String pwd)
        {
                System.out.println("Attempting to forge connection to
"+url);
                try {
                        db=DriverManager.getConnection(url,usr,pwd);
                        dbmd=db.getMetaData();
                        st=db.createStatement();

is the head of what I have trying to connect to the DB.

I am running java -Djdbc.drivers=postgresql.Driver <programme>
and postmaster -i &

It's picking up the DB file because I can connect using psql tool localy,
and the code works when I connect just to localhost?

Hope you can help

Alex T