Paths in DBD::Pg

From: Julian Scarfe <jscarfe(at)callnetuk(dot)com>
To: pgsql interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Paths in DBD::Pg
Date: 1999-05-16 15:34:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'd like to deal with geometrical data types, paths in particular,
efficiently in Perl using Pg. But Pg, understadably I suppose, just
returns a path as a scalar string like ((1,2),(3,4),(5,6)). Whereas I
can 'eval' a point fairly efficiently, it's not very efficient to turn a
long string such as the above into an array of arrays.

Am I missing something in the Pg interface that would allow me to get
paths into sensible data structures efficiently?

Julian Scarfe