[INTERFACES] win32 libpq version is "too new"

From: nico(at)clubdelphi(dot)com (Nicolas Aragon)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: [INTERFACES] win32 libpq version is "too new"
Date: 1999-04-26 20:54:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I'm trying to run Delphi test programs using win32 client DLL for
6.4.2.

But our Linux backend is older and I'm getting "unsupported frontend
protocol" from it.

I *can not* update the backend so:

Is there a binary version of the Windows client DLL that works with
postgresql_6.3.2-8? And then, where could I download it?

Another try: can I use any option to force the client to be backwards
compatible without recompiling it? Maybe in the connect call?

I've found in archives that it can be changed using #defines and
recompiling the sources, but installing VC++ just for this is a little
annoying O:)

TIA,

Nico